Kiske Law Office, LLC
Call Now for a Consultation:
Here are my tips for minimizing your attorney fees:
I1. Look for alternatives to litigation. In short, look for the areas of agreement that you have with the other party/other parent, and build on those. Communicate, or attempt to communicate, with the other party. Try to narrowly define the areas of disagreement in other words, choose your battles carefully.
2. Do my work for me. If I need to copy and organize documents, I will bill you for the time my staff or I spends copying and organizing them. It will cost you much less if you make the copies and organize them into three ring binders.
3. Do not call and email me constantly with daily or minor updates on your case. Keep a diary and record the events there. When you have several weeks of events recorded, or if there is a significant event, then call or email me. In addition, do not call or email me after regular business hours unless it is a real emergency. I am not your therapist, I am your attorney.
4. Do what I tell you to do promptly and keep the lines of communication open. If I have to remind you, I will be charging you for the reminder. Return my calls promptly. When I call you I am working on your case. If I have to wait more than a few minutes to hear back from you, I have moved on to the next case and have lost my train of thought -- which I then must spend time(and therefore your money) getting back.
5. Listen carefully to what I am telling you. You are paying me for my legal advice in your case. Read the information on my website and Facebook pages. Do your own research. Ask intelligent questions. Make a decision for a plan of action and follow through with your plan. Changing your instructions to me can be quite costly.
6. Take care of yourself and assist me in preparing for your important court dates. I want to be prepared for your case in court. I need you healthy, focused and able to work with me in order to prepare both of us for the court process.
7. Review your bills when you receive them and bring any and all errors, questions or problems to our attention immediately. Also, if you have not heard from me for a period of time, it may be time to check in with me on the status of your case.
To make an appointment, please call me at 816-256-5440.
I am available to help you in the following Missouri counties: Jackson, Clay, Platte, Cass , Buchanan, Andrew, Davies, Caldwell, DeKalb, Clinton, Atchison, Holt, and Nodaway.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and not to be made solely on advertisement. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek counsel for advice regarding their legal issues.